Mock Me All You'd Like

Today I was laughed at. I was running along a fairly large street and some guys leaned their head out and shouted something at me and started laughing. I guess I didn't look like a runner or I was going too slow, but something in their tiny lizard brains made them shout at me and laugh.

It stung for all of 45 seconds. Then I remembered how far I had come. I know where I am going and it's ok. My heroes in life have all been mocked, so I am in good company.

They don't know where I started, so to see me running so slow must have registered in their brain as something that needed mocking. On the flip side, I don't know the struggles that led them to be the type of jerks who lean out windows and mock people. It's not right, but whatever. It doesn't hurt me. I still ran my 2.25 miles and I won't remember them when I get that finishers medal.

What are your thoughts? Should I have shouted back, flipped them off or taken their truck number down and reported them to their employer? (All three crossed my mind at some point in that 45 seconds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment