Missing a Run

I missed a run today. I have a twinge of pain in my lower back that I know is being caused by some tight hamstrings. For normal runners, a nice easy run would probably work it all out.

Running with fibromyalgia isn't normal though. You never know if pushing yourself will be just what you need to get over it. Or if pushing it will land you in bed for three days.

I play it safe.

And then I feel guilty. I feel like I am shortchanging myself. Giving myself the easy way out.

It's been a year since I started running. Missing a run always makes me feel this way. I wish it didn't. But since I have started running I have only had one time where I pushed too hard and ended up in bed. (Knock on wood.)

Do you feel bad when you miss a run? How do deal with the guilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment